These wonderful ladies of death and pain were a blast to paint, and I originally thought that they were going to take a lot longer, even as a table top quality job. There were a lot of itty-bitty details on the model, and it would have been a beast to paint a studio-quality job on it; It would have been a great challenge nonetheless.
I tried something new with the bases, and I thought it turned out pretty well. I did a Great Coat grey base coat, then highlighted with Ironhull grey and a final highlight with a bone colored paint to make them pop. If you guys want, I can do a mini tutorial on bases for the next Tenacious Techniques.
Again, I had a blast painting these girlies up, and I can't wait to get my own when I start building a mercs force. I may do it if or when I finish painting ALL of my trolls....may I'm aiming a little high......
Both of them together!
Boomhowler and Co.
I originally started these guys a long time ago, and the priming coat turned out terrible. I was so frustrated with it that I just put them away and never looked at painting them ever again.... Until recently. After all that time and painting today, the base coat seemed to fix itself; It allowed the paint to go on smoothly, and without a problem. This gave me some hope for this unit, and I plan to get the entire unit done by the end of the week (if time permits, of course).
Boomhowler and 4 of the same grunts
back and front poses
Thanks again for tuning in for another edition of Sid's Shenanigans, and this coming Saturday I will be doing another Tenacious Techniques. The subject will be on Preparing, Flocking, and Painting Bases. I will show some examples of what I did with the Kayazy Eliminator's and Boomhowler's bases. We'll see ya next time!
Post a Comment